Dagenham Town Show Ladies Basketball
Plaque awarded to the winners of the Dagenham Town Show Ladies Basketball championship. Awarded between 1971 and 1979.
Small wooden shield shaped trophy with a central silver decorative plaque, which is engraved with the name of the competition and which bears an enameld badge, in tones of light blue, dark blue and mustard, depicting a basketball player dunking a ball into the hoop. Above this central decoration is a silver dedication banner, and the whole is surrounded by nine silver shields that bear the names of the winning teams.
Viners Marks used:- EV Trademark:- a five point crown A large Sheffield based out-fit founded in 1900 and the most well-known Sheffield manufacturer from the 1930’s to 60’s. Much of their flatware is fairly average in quality, but they were innovative in producing new patterns and followed trends rather than solely churning out traditional patterns. One of their most popular patterns is Sandringham. They went out of business in 1982.
Whole length: 285mm
Inscription Engraved On front: DAGENHAM TOWN SHOW LADIES BASKETBALL
Entry Number 1643/23 (2006-02-14)