Decorated pennant from a football match between Old Dagonians FC and K.V.V. St. Denys-Sport Belgie on 24-04-1957. Dismantled from an Old Dagonians Scrapbook.
Triangular fabric pennant made up of a green panel on the left and a cream panel on the right, sewn together down the middle. All lettering on front is painted with gold paint. Edged with gold cotton braid. Has 4 tabs along the top for a hanging support.
Old Dagonians Association was formed for former pupils of Dagenham County High School. It was originally called 'Janus' and this was also the name of their annual newsletter. The school was a mixed grammar school sited in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham. It opened in September 1936, changed its name to Parsloes Manor School when it became comprehensive in 1970. In 1989 Parsloes Manor Comp., merged with Erkenwald Comp. and Maysbrook Comp. to become Sydney Russell Comp.
Whole length: 435mm
Inscription Painted On front: K.V.V. / St. Denys-Sport / Belgie / Old Dagonians / F.C. / England / 21.4.1957