Decorated pennant, possibly from a football match between Old Dagonians FC and FC Marck, in 1964. Dismantled from an Old Dagonians Scrapbook.
Triangular fabric pennant made up of black fabric on the left and red fabric on the right, and sewn together down the middle. Painted with gold and maroon paint. Has a painted maroon circle in the centre. Edged with twisted metallic braid and has a continuous loop at top for hanging support.
Old Dagonians Association was formed for former pupils of Dagenham County High School. It was originally called 'Janus' and this was also the name of their annual newsletter. The school was a mixed grammar school sited in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham. It opened in September 1936, changed its name to Parsloes Manor School when it became comprehensive in 1970. In 1989 Parsloes Manor Comp., merged with Erkenwald Comp. and Maysbrook Comp. to become Sydney Russell Comp.
Whole length: 532mm
Inscription Painted On front: F.C. MARCK / ANNEE 1964