School badge from Dagenham County High
Embroidered Four House blazer badge from Dagenham County High. Dismantled from an Old Dagonians Scrapbook.
Shield shaped embroidered badge backed onto a black piece of square felt. The badge is divided into four sections. The top left is red with a white chevron in the horizontal middle. There are 2 white crosses above the chevron and 1 below. The top right quarter is yellow with a black horizontal chevron. It has 2 fleur-de-lis above and 1 below it. The lower left section has a yellow cross with blue squares to the top right and lower left, and white squares to the top left and lower right. The lower left section is green with a white stripe running diagonally from the top left to the lower right. On this strip are 3 blue tri-bladed sickles. All is bordered by black cotton.
Old Dagonians Association was formed for former pupils of Dagenham County High School. It was originally called 'Janus' and this was also the name of their annual newsletter. The school was a mixed grammar school sited in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham. It opened in September 1936, changed its name to Parsloes Manor School when it became comprehensive in 1970. In 1989 Parsloes Manor Comp., merged with Erkenwald Comp. and Maysbrook Comp. to become Sydney Russell Comp.
Whole length: 99mm
Embroidered area length: 70mm