Dagenham & Redbridge football programme

Object number

LDVAL 2007.33.2


January 2007


?The Dagger? football programme. The offical matchday programme of Dagenham & Redbridge FC, Vol 15, Issue 27. Celebrating their championship win. On the 7th April 2007 Dagenham and Redbridge FC beat Aldershot Town at home in front of a new record league crowd (4,044) to clinch the Nationwide Conference title with five games remaining, becoming the first team promoted in all the English leagues. They ended the season 14 points clear at the top of the Conference league. As Champions the club won promotion into the Coca-Cola Football League Two. The Borough and Club celebrated with an open-top bus parade through Dagenham to show the Champions trophy. Dagenham [The Daggers] Football club was established 1949, and moved from Dagenham Arena to Victoria Road in 1955. Redbridge Forest FC shared the ground in 1990, and in July 1992 to two clubs merged under manager John Still. During the 2005 close session a majority of the squad were made full time.

Physical description

A5 sized booklet, printed throughout in colour. 74 pages. The front cover shows a montage of different images of players on the pitch, surrounding the Conference Championship Trophy. Contains articles by the club Manager, John Still, by the Chairman Dave Andrews, articles on opposing teams, the team sponsors, match stats and various colour photographs of the team in action. The centre pages contain photographs of of the team during their conference win. Also contains numerous advertisements for local businesses.






Whole length: 240mm
width: 167mm

Collection type


Alternative reference

Entry Number 1685/2 (2007-05-04)

Looking for records

Objects that are not on display in the museum can be viewed by appointment at the discretion of the Museum Curator. To find out more about accessing the collection please email: valencehousemuseum@lbbd.gov.uk or telephone: 020 8227 2034

Write something

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


DateJanuary 2007
InstitutionValence House Museum
Collection typeEphemera