Dagenham Town Show Floral Arrangement
after 1965 – before 1966
Silver plated trophy awarded to the winners of the Dagenham Town Show floral arrangement competition.
Large trophy with a plain body and a stem that is banded at the top and bottom, and which has a top wider than the bottom. It also has a double stepped foot and no handles. Set on a black plastic plinth that is engraved with the winners names.
This trophy is marked as the London Borough of Barking Dagenham Town Show because on 1st April 1965, after central Government felt that the borders of London had spread out into the suburbs and therefore a reshaping of London was needed (thereby creating Greater London) the towns of Barking and Dagenham were joined together to form a London Borough called Barking. After an outcry regarding the lack of reference to Dagenham in the name, the borough was renamed London Borough of Barking and Dagenham on 1st January 1980.
Trophy height: 240mm
Diameter - top: 115mm
Plinth height: 70mm
Diameter - base: 157mm
Inscription Engraved On front: London Borough of Barking DAGENHAM TOWN SHOW FLORAL ARRANGEMENT
Hallmark Stamped on back: PLATO' EPNS ENGLAND
Entry Number 1643/13 (2006-02-14)