Log book of Triptons Secondary Boy's School, 1969-1970

Object number

BD223/1/2

Date

1969 – 1970

Extent

1 bound volume

Level

FILE

History

Triptons School, was built on Green Lane, Dagenham in 1935. During the early years of this school it had room to accommodate 480 to 560 boys and the same number of girls within two separate departments. Triptons Senior Boys and Girls Schools were officially opened by C.A. Fairman, Chairman of Ilford Education Committee on 24 September 1935. Many children who attended the school were evacuated during the Second World War. Beacontree Heath Juniors and Infants School, was used to accommodate the remaining children from Triptons School from 20 November 1939. This school later amalgamated with Robert Clack Technical School to form Robert Clack Comprehensive in 1970.

Conditions governing access

Open to research.

Conditions governing reproduction

At the discretion of the Borough Archivist.

Physical description

Bound volume.

Condition

Notes

Catalogued by Clare Sexton, Assistant Archivist in accordance with ISAD(G).

Belongs to:

« Log books of Triptons Secondary Boy's School, 1935-1970

Looking for records

This material can be accessed by appointment in our reading room, which is situated in the Visitor’s Centre at Valence House Museum. To make an appointment please email: localstudies@lbbd.gov.uk or telephone 020 8227 2033

Write something

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metadata
Start date1969
End date1970