Minute book of Barking Education Sub-Committee,1918-1919
1918 – 1919
1 bound volume
The Barking School Board was replaced by the Education Committee in 1905. As the early twentieth century progressed a number of schools were built, including Faircross Speical School. The last phase of the building of the Becontree Estate, was completed between 1930 and 1934. This added nearly 10,000 children to the school population in Barking. In turn the committee was responsible for opening nine new schools, whilst also reorganising all its schools in accordance with the Hadow Report.
Conditions governing access
Open to research.
Conditions governing reproduction
At the discretion of the Borough Archivist.
Catalogued by Clare Sexton, Assistant Archivist in accordance with ISAD(G).