Photographs of sports teams and sporting events at Barking Abbey School, 1932-1964

Object number

BD187/13/4

Date

1932 – 1964

Extent

1 folder

Level

FILE

Description

Photographs of girl's and boy's tennis, football, cricket and hockey teams, tennis, football and hockey, as well as sporting events and trophy giving at Barking Abbey School (1932-1964).

History

Barking Abbey School, situated on Longbridge Road, Barking was opened by the Essex County Council in 1922. It was the first grammar school to be established in Barking. This school later amalgamated with Park Modern School of Sandringham Road in 1970.

Conditions governing access

Open to research.

Conditions governing reproduction

Copyright of various and unknown.

Physical description

Black and white photographs, contained within polyester pockets and an archival folder.

Condition

Notes

Catalogued by Clare Sexton, Assistant Archivist in accordance with ISAD(G).

Alternative reference

Belongs to:

« Photographs of Barking Abbey School, 1922-1964

Looking for records

This material can be accessed by appointment in our reading room, which is situated in the Visitor’s Centre at Valence House Museum. To make an appointment please email: localstudies@lbbd.gov.uk or telephone 020 8227 2033

Write something

Your email address will not be published.

Metadata
Start date1932
End date1964