R.Whites ginger beer bottle
after 1890 – before 1895
Small courseware bottle which contained R. Whites brewed ginger beer.
In 1890 R. White & sons purchased the Van factory in Axe Street, Barking. They improved the premises and became a public company in 1894. The factory was finally demolished in 1972/3 when White's relocated to East Ham.
Courseware bottle with a deeply tapered neck. The main body of the bottle is covered in a cream glaze, at centre front of which is a black design showing details of the contents and maker within a paper scroll. The shoulders and neck of the bottle are covered in a brown glaze. The neck is think and the stopper is missing.
Whole height: 170mm
Mark Transfer On front: R. WHITE’S BREWED GINGER BEER 40 YEARS UNRIVALLED WORKS: BARKING PLEASE REPLACE STOPPER
Mark Stamped Reverse: Bourne 4 Denby
Entry Number 1692/3 (2007-05-23)