Records of Cambell School, 1930-1964

Object number

BD200

Date

1930 – 1964

Extent

4 bound volumes

Level

FONDS

Description

This collection comprises an admissions register of Cambell Senior Boy's School (1932-1949), together with log books of Camberll Junior Mixed School (1930-1964) and a sales account book, concerning needlework, knitting and other handicrafts in the Infant Department at Cambell School (1931-1963).

History

Cambell School, situated on Langley Crescent, Barking, was originally opened as a temporary mixed school in May 1930. The senior boys and girls departments of the school were closed in the summer 1964.

Conditions governing access

Open to research.

Conditions governing reproduction

At the discretion of the Borough Archivist.

Physical description

Bound volumes.

Condition

Notes

Catalogued by Clare Sexton, Assistant Archivist in accordance with ISAD(G).

Looking for records

This material can be accessed by appointment in our reading room, which is situated in the Visitor’s Centre at Valence House Museum. To make an appointment please email: localstudies@lbbd.gov.uk or telephone 020 8227 2033

Write something

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metadata
Start date1930
End date1964