School badge from Dagenham County High
Embroidered foundation blazer badge from Dagenham County High. Dismantled from an Old Dagonians Scrapbook.
Shield shaped embroidered badge backed onto a black piece of shield shaped felt. The badge is decorated with a gold cross which divides the field into 4 sections. The top right and bottom left quarters are plain blue. The top left has a white background with 5 black markings, possibly symbols of ermine. The lower right has a white background with 3 fleur-de-lis.
Old Dagonians Association was formed for former pupils of Dagenham County High School. It was originally called 'Janus' and this was also the name of their annual newsletter. The school was a mixed grammar school sited in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham. It opened in September 1936, changed its name to Parsloes Manor School when it became comprehensive in 1970. In 1989 Parsloes Manor Comp., merged with Erkenwald Comp. and Maysbrook Comp. to become Sydney Russell Comp.
Whole length: 85mm